Friday, May 27, 2011

Re-Establishment of Porpoise.

So this blog.

I kinda stopped updating it.

Part of it was the whole "shit just got real" element of life. You know, when you're just chillin', and then BAM. Shit gets real. College, work, friends, family, car accidents, truth, beauty, love, all that.

Another part is that I started to hate Mediafire. I mean, it's a lovely service, but the process of creating a RAR file, then uploading it to Mediafire, only to have it crap out on me...the time and effort became, uh, less than worth it.

Then there's the fact that most of the bands I covered were established artists. You know, I love talking about great classic bands, but I don't really have a reason to upload "The Who Sell Out" for you guys when you can go and get a used copy of it for no dollars at your local record shop.

Here's my new plan, though.

I have deleted all the posts on this blog except for a handful. Local acts, up-and-comers, bedroom projects, friends, family, truth, beauty, love, and all that. Those are the types of bands I'm going to focus on. Links to Facebook pages, websites, Youtube videos will/may be included. (By the way, do check out the older posts. All good stuff. Let me know if any of the links are broken.)

Album reviews may pop up, too. I want to focus largely on new and relatively new releases, though if an older unknown album crosses my radar, or if I just damn well feel motivated to talk about something like Led Zeppelin II, then by golly I'm gonna do it.



As always, I'm open to ideas. Want me to post something, let me know.

Expect new content in the next few days. I hope I don't crap out on this.

Love,

Your Friendly Neighborhood Thomas Dorton

No comments:

Post a Comment