Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sapremia - With Winter Comes Despair




Sapremia are a death metal act that's been around since the early '90s. They aren't signed and they aren't world famous, but they are a highly respected band; I've heard praise firsthand from a member of Deicide. The singer/bassist, Lou Ferrara, is a good friend of my brother's band Nightfire, and he regularly comes out to support Nightfire and vice versa. I'm not a death metal aficionado by any stretch, but they have been described as very old school death metal, keeping pretty much to the hard-hitting basics, and I've found them to be an excellent live band and what I've heard from this album so far is pretty awesome.

Get it here.


EDIT: Yeah, apparently Sapremia is signed to a small label. Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment